UNDER THE ACADEMIC GUIDANCE OF LONDON SCHOOL OF ECONOMICS AND POLITICAL SCIENCE
This degree combines an in-depth study of Economics with Management options that will enable you to look analytically and critically at management issues.
What it prepares you for :
- Obtain a general education in those disciplines that underlie the theory and practice of management, whilst still specializing in Economics.
- If you are interested in general management or if you want to pursue further training in management and corporate disciplines.
Features of Degree
- This degree has strong emphasis on the theory and practice in Social Science.
- It will give you a knowledge and understanding of a range of issues in international management.
- The degree will be valued by employers who are looking for people who can demonstrate logical and quantitative reasoning (e.g. accountancy, banking, general management)
Standard Route – 100 courses
- EC1002 Introduction to economics
- MT105A Mathematics 1 and ST104A Statistics 1
- AC1025 Principles of accounting
- SC1179 Contemporary sociology in a global age (NEW)
- MN1178 Business and management in a global context (NEW)
Standard Route – 200 and 300 courses
- MN2177 Core management concepts (NEW) (MN1107 or MN1178)
- MN3028 Managerial economics (EC1002) +(MT105A or MT1174) OR EC2066 Microeconomics (EC1002) + (MT105A or MT1174)
- EC2065 Macroeconomics (EC1002) + (MT105A or MT1174)
- One course taken from the following:
- FN3092 Corporate finance or AC3059 Financial management
- IS2136 Information systems and organizations
- MN2079 Elements of social and applied psychology
- MN3032 Management science methods (ST104A) + (MT105A or MT1174)
- MN3075 Human resource management
- MN3119 Strategy
- MN3127 Organisation theory: an interdisciplinary approach (EC1002 or SC1179 or MN2079)
- MN3141 Principles of marketing
- One 300 course from Selection group E
- One 300 course from Selection group M
- One course from Selection groups E, M or S