UNDER THE ACADEMIC GUIDANCE OF LONDON SCHOOL OF ECONOMICS AND POLITICAL SCIENCE
Banking and Finance involve much more than just computational skill. The degree in banking and finance aims to provide you with an understanding of the ways in which financial intermediaries and institutions operate, and the structure and functioning of financial markets. You will learn about the pricing of financial assets, and why and how corporations issue various types of assets. The banking units will provide information on precisely how such intermediaries operate, both on a domestic level and in the international arena.You will also learn how banks (and other institutions) might use financial assets, for example derivatives, in their risk management procedures.
What it prepares you for :
This degree may suit you if you want to pursue a career in accountancy, consulting, commercial or investment banking, trading and sales or risk management.
Features of Degree
- The degree has its foundations in Quantitative, Economics, Accounting and Finance subjects.
- There are further compulsory units in Finance and in Banking and Risk Management. These units form the core of the programme.
Standard Route – 100 courses
- EC1002 Introduction to economics
- ST104A Statistics 1 (half course) and MT105A Mathematics 1 (half course)
- FN1024 Principles of banking and finance
- AC1025 Principles of accounting
- One course (or two half courses) from Selection groups F(i), F(ii) or F(iii)
Standard Route – 200 and 300 courses
- FN3092 Corporate finance (EC1002) + (MT105A or MT105B or MT1174)
- EC2020 Elements of econometrics (EC1002) +(ST104A or ST104B) + (MT105A or MT105B or MT1174) or EC2065 Macroeconomics (EC1002) +(MT105A or MT1174) or EC2066 Microeconomics (EC1002) + (MT105A or MT1174)
- FN2029 Financial intermediation (FN1024)
- FN3023 Investment management* (FN1024)
- One course from Selection groups A, B, E or M
- One 300 course (or two half courses) from any Selection group
- One 200 or 300 course (or two half courses) from any Selection group