UNDER THE ACADEMIC GUIDANCE OF LONDON SCHOOL OF ECONOMICS AND POLITICAL SCIENCE
Accounting and Finance involve much more than just computational skill. Both the subjects teach us how to perceive and understand the nature of organisations. They also give you an understanding of how the market allocates finances to firms.
What it prepares you for:
- You are professionally qualified in the accountancy field and would now like to take a degree.
- You have not yet decided which profession to pursue and are interested in the field of accounting and finance.
Features of Degree
- This degree provides thorough grounding in Accounting and Finance within a strong Social Science framework
- The degree has an international flavour and was developed in consultation with academics and professionals throughout Southeast Asia, as well as UK.
Standard Route – First Year
- Introduction to economics
- Statistics 1 (half course) and Mathematics 1 (half course)
- Principles of banking and finance
- Principles of accounting
- One course (or two half courses) from Selection groups F(i), F(ii) or F(iii)
Standard Route – Second & Third Year
- Managerial economics or Microeconomics
- Financial management or Corporate finance
- Financial reporting
- Auditing and assurance
- Management accounting
- One course from Selection groups B, E or M
- One 200 or 300 course (or two half courses) from any Selection group