UNDER THE ACADEMIC GUIDANCE OF LONDON SCHOOL OF ECONOMICS AND POLITICAL SCIENCE
Accounting and Finance involve much more than just computational skill. Both the subjects teach us how to perceive and understand the nature of organisations. They also give you an understanding of how the market allocates finances to firms.
What it prepares you for:
- You are professionally qualified in the accountancy field and would now like to take a degree.
- You have not yet decided which profession to pursue and are interested in the field of accounting and finance.
Features of Degree
- This degree provides thorough grounding in Accounting and Finance within a strong Social Science framework
- The degree has an international flavour and was developed in consultation with academics and professionals throughout Southeast Asia, as well as UK.
Standard Route – 100 courses
- EC1002 Introduction to economics
- ST104A Statistics 1 (half course) and MT105A Mathematics 1 (half course)
- FN1024 Principles of banking and finance
- AC1025 Principles of accounting
- One course (or two half courses) from Selection groups F(i), F(ii) or F(iii)
Standard Route – 200 and 300 courses
- MN3028 Managerial economics (EC1002) + (MT105A or MT1174) or EC2066 Microeconomics(EC1002) + (MT105A or MT1174)
- AC3059 Financial management (AC1025) or FN3092 Corporate finance (EC1002) + (MT105A or MT105B or MT1174)
- AC3091 Financial reporting (AC1025)
- AC3093 Auditing and assurance (AC1025)
- AC3097 Management accounting (AC1025)
- One course from Selection groups B, E or M
- One 200 or 300 course (or two half courses) from any Selection group