UNDER THE ACADEMIC GUIDANCE OF LONDON SCHOOL OF ECONOMICS AND POLITICAL SCIENCE
This degree combines an in-depth study of Economics with Management options that will enable you to look analytically and critically at management issues.
What it prepares you for :
- Obtain a general education in those disciplines that underlie the theory and practice of management, whilst still specializing in Economics.
- If you are interested in general management or if you want to pursue further training in management and corporate disciplines.
Features of Degree
- This degree has strong emphasis on the theory and practice in Social Science.
- It will give you a knowledge and understanding of a range of issues in international management.
- The degree will be valued by employers who are looking for people who can demonstrate logical and quantitative reasoning (e.g. accountancy, banking, general management)
Standard Route – First Year
- Introduction to economics
- Mathematics 1 and Statistics 1
- Principles of accounting
- Contemporary sociology in a global age
- Business and management in a global context
Standard Route – Second & Third Year
- Core management concepts
- Managerial economics OR Microeconomics
- One course taken from the following:
- Corporate finance or Financial management
- Information systems and organizations
- Elements of social and applied psychology
- Management science methods
- Human resource management
- Organisation theory: an interdisciplinary approach
- Principles of marketing
- One 300 course from Selection group E
- One 300 course from Selection group M
- One course from Selection groups E, M or S