UNDER THE ACADEMIC GUIDANCE OF LONDON SCHOOL OF ECONOMICS AND POLITICAL SCIENCE
The degree has been developed to prepare you for the demanding and highly competitive world of business. The units draw on business practice, consultancy and research.
What it prepares you for :
- You wish to work in the areas of management consultancy, banking, accountancy and general management.
- You are currently working as manager and would like to develop your professional skills and knowledge.
- You are already working within a business and wish to progress to management level.
- You have not yet decided which profession to pursue and are interested in the business sector, the management profession or perhaps in starting your own business.
Features of Degree
- This degree provides a solid understanding of the different functional areas of business and provides a good foundation for a career in management.
- The social science emphasis allows you to develop thorough appreciation of business and management within a wider environment.
- The degree is designed to develop excellent analytical skills, which are invaluable to the decision-making role of management and also to further study.
- EC1002 – Introduction to Economics
- MT105A Mathematics 1 and ST104A Statistics 1
- AC1025 – Principles of Accounting
- MN1178 Business and management in a global context (NEW)
- MN2177 Core management concepts (NEW) (MN1107 or MN1178)6,7,8,9 Four courses Further Units from:
- FN3092 Corporate finance or AC3059 Financial management
- IS2136 Information systems and organizations
- MN2079 Elements of social and applied psychology/li>
- MN3028 Managerial economics (EC1002) + (MT105A or MT1174)
- MN3032 Management science methods (ST104A) + (MT105A or MT1174)
- MN3075 Human resource management
- MN3119 Strategy (EC1002) + (MT105Aor MT1174)
- MN3127 Organization theory: an interdisciplinary approach (EC1002 or SC1179 or MN2079)
- MN3141 Principles of marketing (EC1002 + SC1179 + MN2079)10,11 Two 300 courses from Selection group M
- One 100, 200 or 300 course (or two half courses) from any Selection group.
- Unit Number at the Head of Unit Name
- Prerequisite in the bracket
- Final selection of the options offered is at the discretion of the college